Trying to get out in front of the lithium craze? Not a bad idea considering the fact that GM thought the technology was a decade away from mass production (until Tesla – NASDAQ:TSLA – came along and shot that theory to hell). Here are the top-performing lithium penny stocks of 2010. I just wish I would have discovered them twelve months ago!
1) Electrovaya Inc. (TSE:EFL), +187% YTD
2) Orocobre LTD. (PINK:OROCF), +179% YTD
3) Avalon Rare Metals, Inc. (TSE:AVL), +34% YTD
4) Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX:GXY), +14.8% YTD
5) Canada Lithium Corp. (TSE:CLQ), +125% past three months
Honorable Mention goes to Talison Lithium LTD., which trades on the Pink Sheets under ticker TLTHF. Although it’s not technically a penny stock at $6.40 per share, it is, nonetheless on a limited exchange. Best of all, it’s up 43.3 percent YTD.